|Description:||Name of present village of New Poddvorov name reminiscent of the defunct town Potvorov. The estate belonged to the Cistercian monastery Velehrad, whom Pope Alexander IV. in 1261 confirmed his possession. The town had a horseshoe shape, as all the old Slavonic settlements. All this suggests that the extinct town "Potvorov" at that time was an important seat of our ancestors. Up until now remained in this area is just the name of the track Kosteliska. Only in 1783 was under the reign of Emperor Joseph II. Today's village based on the bleak New Poddvorov liege fields located west of Hodonin, where the municipality is located about 16 km. The village has its own seal, which shows the blade is sitting lark. Bonita land in this country has been very good, so the inhabitants of this newly formed community devoted to agriculture and the appropriate lines lying vineyards. Our community, despite the small number of people living here a very good infrastructure equipped. In recent years the village was built sewers, water mains, a gas and reconstructed the electric grid. Most of the productive population is employed in agriculture, others commute to work in the vicinity and the city Hodonin. Much attention is paid to our village wine. The appropriate position to manage the most demanding of the varieties from which local winemakers producing high quality varietal wines, demanded demanding wine lovers from the entire country. Feast with us held every last Sunday in August, according to customs and traditions of this region.