Bata CanalTOP DESTINATION
The inland canal Otrokovice – Rohatec was built between 1934 and 1938 on two independent initiatives – the first one was the higher level of underground water following the Morava River regulation, while the other one was the implementation of an old dream to interconnect the rivers Danube, Odra and Elbe. After 1948, the waterway was not extended more and the traffic was terminated in 1960 because of its economic inefficiency. The irrigation of ploughed-up meadows was terminated, too.Nowadays...
Brno Observatory and PlanetariumTOP DESTINATION
We are a centre for popularisation of various sciences, especially in the field of inanimate nature. First of all, it is of course astronomy, but we do not avoid geology, chemistry, physics, mathematics, geography and others… And we do it all in the form which is understandable for the lay audience, entertaining and also interactive. We are not a scientific workplace, but you can meet science at every turn in our centre. It is because we are also engaged in promotion of Brno universities and big...
To go after the old Bata railway track on foot trolley. The track was used in the past to transport coal from the mines, and Thomas I. Maja 1 to tippers in Sudoměřice, where the coal went to the Bata canal Otrokovic.Trasa designed for hand car is 3 km long and connects two wine trails Podluží and Moravian wine. In the vicinity of the route (approx. 2 km) is a horse farm with a restaurant Rudnik.
Memorial inventor lightning Prokop Divis, see Přímětice. The memorial is a symbolic reminder of the life and work of the Premonstratensian monastic brother and researchers in the field of electricity. Exhibits document the life and work of P. Divis and its anniversary celebrations in Znojmo and Přímětice in 1898 and 1998.
Borač – The steel road bridge over the Svratka River is a technical monument dating back to 1910. It is an interesting example of the historical development of bridge construction
"Prygl", as Brno Reservoir is called even today in the local slang, was constructed in the years 1936-40, by afloating of the village Kníničky. Lake with the total area equaling to 252 ha and length 10 km is kept by the dam long “only“ 120 m. Brno Reservoir is popular recreational area - in summer for swimming and fishing, in winter for cross-country skiing and ice-skating. Ambient woods, surrounding the Reservoir, are excellent for walking tours or cycling. Monumental castle “Veveří“...
The windmill was built according to the design by Ing. Josef Kouřil, a native of Kyjov. On the ground floor is a ceremonial room, above it an exhibition hall and on the 2nd floor a small museum housing exhibits from the history of Bukovany. Perhaps the most valuable part is the findings from local prehistoric burial mounds.
Unique covered wooden bridge over the river Svratka is an important monument in the village. The bridge was built in 1718 and is 35 meters long. The supporting structure is made almost of the original fir wood. In recent years, bridge underwent reconstruction and was covered by new wooden roof shingles.
The original factory building was completed in 1882. It was one of the biggest sugar factory in Moravia, sugar is also exported abroad. In 1915 the sugar factory burned to the ground, but in 1916 was again vystavěn.Vnější shapes of modern concrete building designed by architect Adolf Loos.
Dolni Loucky – The train viaduct called the Peace Bridge is the largest engineering feat along the stretch of track between Brno – Havlíčkův Brod. It was built from 1939-1953. The large arch with a span of 120 metres is the greatest ferro-concrete arch in the Czech Republic.