Pekařská 10, Brno, 602 00
This text was translated using Google Translate.
One of the major landmarks of the city is a castle Špilberk. Even from a distance you can not overlook hill overgrown with greenery with the fortress at the top.
The castle was built in the 13th century as the residence of the sovereign. Over time, the role of Špilberk castle had changed. The fort, which was firstly dwelt by Moravian Margraves, had became the toughest prison in the Austrian monarchy. In the last forty years Špilberk is serving as a Museum of Brno.
The museum cares for historical records and works of art - it's all on display in the permanent exhibitions dedicated to the history of Brno and Špilberk, but also the development of visual arts in Brno. In addition, the museum also organizes temporary exhibitions.
For visitors is also accessible tower with spectacular views of the city, casemates with dark dungeons, torture chamber and pince-nez, or cell known prisoners - Italian patriot and poet Silvio Pellico, Baron Trenck, or the robber Babinsky.
Špilberk Castle is the venue for many cultural events, the most significant events include: Špilberk lives - the traditional two days of "open doors" and fun for the whole family, theater festivals Provázek the castle or the Summer Shakespeare Festival, a feast of Brno gastronomy Špilberk Food Festival, the summer cinema at Špilberk , or Ibérica Špilberk International music festival - classical music concerts.
- Casemates tour of the most terrible prison in the Habsburg monarchy and demonstration of Baroque fort architecture and prisons.
- ŠPILBERK - FROM CASTLE TO FORTRESS Exposition of the architectural development of the castle and the changes since the 13th century until today
- ŠPILBERK - PRISON OF THE NATIONS Spilberk Castle exhibition presents a notorious prison of Habsburg Monarchy in the 18th and 19th centuries, famous throughout Europe.
- Brno on Špilberk Historical exposition acquaints visitors with important chapters of the history of Brno, Brno region, eg. A town in the Middle Ages, a Swedish siege of Brno in 1645, the great development of the textile industry in the 19th century, the creation of "Greater Brno" in 1919, etc.
- From the Renaissance to the modern choice of the most important art collections of the Museum of Brno. You will see not only paintings and sculptures, but also examples of period furniture.
- From Modern Art to the present situation in the Brno environment in the period since the Second World War to the present. The exposition is divided into seven areas, each of which is dedicated to a specific developmental period.
- A NEW BRNO exceptional exhibition presents Brno architecture and design between the years 1919-1939, when was Brno transformed into a modern city. This important stage in the architectural and urban development of the city excels in the number and quality of functionalist buildings, interior amenities and competing designs. On display are photographs and sketches of buildings, eg. By B. Fuchs, J. Kumpošt or E. Wiesner, period furniture and even a scale model of the planned skyscraper.
- VULCANALIA permanent international exhibition on the history and present of fireworks art.
- Installing Baroque pharmacy furniture from the 18th century.
- Baroque chapel of the original interior was destroyed by the Nazis at the beginning of the war, when prisoners were kept.
- SOUTHWEST BASTION (by appointment only) Unique reconstructed baroque bastion, a massive projection walls. Bastion was demolished on the orders of Emperor Napoleon in 1809, but today there are remnants of the corridors and chambers of listening comprehension.
- TOWER beautiful view of the city of Brno and its surroundings from the castle tower.
- The carillon consisting of 15 bells weighing from 16-220 kg, which were cast by bell Laetitia Dytrychová workshop in Brodek u Přerova. The author of the reliefs on the bells is a sculptor Otmar Oliva. Carillon plays one of 32 different songs each time every hour.
All expositions are accessible by wheelchair. Casemates and observation tower is not wheelchair accessible.
|Telephone||pokladna kasematy: 542 123 614; pokladna expozice: 542 123 677|
SHOWS AND EXHIBITIONS:
APRIL - SEPTEMBER Tuesday to Sundays - 10:00 to 18:00
October - March weekends only - 9:00 to 17:00
April - September Monday to Sundays - 10:00 to 18:00
OCTOBER - MARCH Tuesday to Sunday - 9:00 to 17:00
Ticket sales end one hour before closing.
|Awarded certificates||TOP DESTINATION SOUTH MORAVIA|
Hotel International is situated in the historical city centre.
Husova 200/16, Brno, 60200
EliFitness nabízí skupinové lekce cybingu - jedná se o cvičení na hudbu pod vedením trenér...
Husova 200/16, Brno-město, 602 00 Brno-Brno-střed, Česko
+420 542 122 333
Exkluzivní fitness a wellness centrum ELITE najdete v prostorách
Husova 200/16, 602 00 Brno-město
+420 542 122 333
Experience South Moravia on a Segway!Do you know what a Segway? Segway PT (Perso...
Husova 8a, 602 00 Brno-střed, Česká republika
+420 776 050 600
Pokud hledáš opravdovou výzvu, jsi na správnem místě! Nabízíme ti 60 až 120 minut týmové zábavy, ...
Anenská 10, 602 00 Brno-střed, Česko
Hotel CYRO je nový komfortní hotel nacházející se pod Katedrálou sv. Petra a Pavla v tichém prostřed...
Anenská 9/9, Brno , 602 00
543215705, 775 885 435